Taylor Swift considers number 13 to be her lucky number. She multiple times references it.
Swift's interactions with 13
- "The Lucky One" is the 13th track on her album Red. It has a 13 second intro and the word "lucky" is said 13 times in the song.
- For many of her tours, Taylor would draw the number 13 on her hand with eyeliner before each show. As of the Red Tour, she no longer does this.
- Her drummer put a number 13 on his drum.
- She was born on December 13, 1989.
- Her debut album went platinum in 13 weeks
- Taylor says whenever she is seated in row 13 or row M (the 13th letter) at an award show, she always wins.
- When she 'Tay-lurks', she goes to a fan's livestream and comments 13 emojis.
- If she sees a 13, it'll bring her luck, but if she sees no number 13 that day, she'll lose.
- In the film Valentine's Day her character gives her boyfriend a gift, his own shirt with the number 13 on the back, which was also her character's lucky number.
- Four of her songs - Teardrops on My Guitar, White Horse, Ours and Gorgeous - peaked at #13 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- In the music video for ME!, there are 13 clouds in one scene.
- Taylor's first number one song on the Billboard Country Chart, Our Song, has a 13 second intro.
- "Call It What You Want" has a 13 second intro.
- Her Twitter account is @taylorswift13.
- A number 13 adorns the top lid of her fragrance boxes.
- In the music video for "Ours," the floor her cubicle is on is floor 13.
- In the music video for "...Ready For It?" the number 13 is written on the left wall in the corridor.
- In 2015, after injuring her thumb, she wrote a 13 on the bandage.
- When Taylor posts a screencap of the song she is listening to on Instagram, the song's timestamp will always be 13 seconds.
- When Taylor posted about HAIM's 2017 single "Want U Back", she used 13 exclamation marks.
- A poster of her 1989 album cover can be seen in an episode of Netflix series 13 Reasons Why (which was produced by Taylor's friend Selena Gomez).
- Fearless and 1989 both have 13 songs.
- The 1989 physical CD came with 13 polaroids of Taylor.
- Thus far, the 13th most viewed video uploaded by YouTube user Music Video Sins, a YouTube humor channel that critiques music videos, is one that critiques Taylor's Blank Space music video, titled Everything Wrong With Taylor Swift - "Blank Space".
- Thus far, parodist Bart Baker's 13th most viewed video on YouTube is a parody of Swift's 22 song and music video, titled Taylor Swift - "22" PARODY.
- In 2018, Swift won 13 awards.
- The music video for "Delicate" garnered over 13M views in its first 24 hours.
- Her only albums that won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year are Fearless (2008) and 1989 (2014), and both have thirteen tracks on the standard album.
- In her music video of 'You Need to Calm Down ', her watch includes the number 13, and the numbers 1 and 2 are exterminated.
- In the YNTCD video, she put 13 gems on her sunglasses. She also wore a necklace with a number 13 on it.
- The "Taylor's Version" of Fearless was announced on February 11, 2021 (2+11=13) and will be released on April 9, 2021 (4+9=13).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.